Catch Elizabeth May on Looking at Lyme in Episode 9 of Season 1.
Elizabeth May has served as leader of the Green Party of Canada from 2006 to 2019 and has been the Member of Parliament for Saanich-Gulf Islands since 2011.
Elizabeth became an Officer of the Order of Canada in 2005, was recognized by the United Nations in 2006 as one of the world’s leading female environmentalists, and in 2010 was named by Newsweek Magazine as “one of the world’s most influential women.”
Respected across party lines, Elizabeth was chosen by her fellow MPs as: Parliamentarian of the Year 2012, Hardest Working MP 2013, and Best Orator 2014. Hill Times recognized her as the Hardest Working MP, Best Constituency MP, and Best Public Speaker in both 2013 and 2014.
Elizabeth is the author of eight books, the most recent of which Who We Are – Reflections of my Life and Canada (Greystone, 2014) is a Globe and Mail best-seller. Additional honours Elizabeth has received include:
- International Conservation Award – Friends of Nature
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Sierra Club
- Global 500 Award – United Nations
- Award for Outstanding Leadership in Environmental Education – Ontario Society for Environmental Education
- Harkin Award for Conservation – Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society
- Couchiching Award for Leadership in Public Policy – Couchiching Institute
Get an education grant
For physicians and healthcare professionals! Are you a doctor, nurse, physiotherapy, or an accredited healthcare professional? See our eligibility requirements and find out more.